Emily Kame Kngwarreye
Language: Eastern Anmatyarre
Region: Utopia - Northern Territory
Date of Birth: c1910 (deceased 2 September 1996)
Content: Emily commenced painting on canvas in 1988/1989 after having worked with batik in the 1970's and 1980's. Emily's Dreamings induded: Body Paint, Bush Yam Dreaming and Country. At the beginning of her career Emily had a detailed approach to her painting that later became abstract.
- Museums and Art Galleries of the Northern Territory, Darwin
- Robert Holmes a Court Collection
- Kelton Foundation, Los Angeles, USA
- Vatican Collection, Italy
- Donald Kahn Collection, Love Art Museum, Univeristy of Miami, USA
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth
- Queensland Art Gallery, Brisbane
- Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney
- Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs
- Auckland City Art Gallery, New Zealand
- 1995 Australian Artists Creative Fellowship
- 1993 Churchill Art Fellowship
- 1992 Australia Council 2-year painting grant
Works for Sale by Emily Kame Kngwarreye
Click on each image for a larger picture, the details of the artwork and shopping cart.
If you would like a similar painting to one of the ones sold below please email us.